Sunday, September 20, 2009

Home Alone

So that's me. Minus the creepsters in the background (well, hopefully). Ceej has gotten a GREAT opportunity to work two weeks straight 7pm to 7am two hours away. Although it's physically hard on him and emotionally hard on us to be so isolated from one another, we couldn't pass up the opportunity. He's been gone 2 days now, and I miss him like CRAZY! It's really lonely being all by myself! Especially since I have to be studying all the time and can't get out of the house to get my mind off of him. School has been going well, but I've been studying like a mad woman as it's EXTREMELY demanding. I've just given up the thought of having a social life for the next two years, although I really love what I'm learning. The more I learn about occupational therapy, the more I know it is definitely the only career I can imagine myself having. It's amazing stuff, I tell ya. I just have to work my booty off to get through this aspect of it. So in a sense this two week separation is good for me to 1. get some good study habits and 2. not feel guilty for studying all the time (I was feeling really bad for not being able to spend time with him, although of course he understands and appreciates me working hard). I just ache for him though! It's crazy to think about when I was going to school in Madison and having there be even greater lapses of time without being together. I was so much stronger and younger back then. I guess with age comes weakness (Just trickin').

No comments: