Monday, May 23, 2011

First Mother's Day


Impressed by my speed at another post? Thought so. I was so looking forward to my very first Mother's Day. After spending 5 weeks completely devoted to my daughter, I realized that this day was more important to me than my Birthday or any other holiday. I don't dis anyone that doesn't really care about it, but I do.

The day started with a little extra sleep - Ceej got up with Hazel after her feeding from 6 to 7:30. We relaxed before church at 10:30 (the days of waking up at 10 and speeding out the door are long gone). My mom and his family were at Mass, and then my mom and brother came to our house for brunch. Ceej made eggs benedict with a family recipe (impressed, elementarycooking?), and it was superb. After brunch we headed to Irvine Park for a walk around the zoo. It was our first time going & we were both really happy with the free little zoo and park. It was a beautiful day & the park was full of families. Very cool.

We decided that since they were such a popular site, I should take a picture with Hazel in front of these steal animals. We thought it would be fun to have one of the first time she was there because we assume she will want pictures with them as she grows up (we came to this conclusion because I had to wait in a line of children to get the picture).

After the park we relaxed at home for a bit and then went to Ceej's parents' house for dinner. It was great to be able to spend the time as a family but also with both of our moms - not many people get to do that. Hazel got me a beautiful necklace with her birthstone in it - one that she will get someday when I die or just when I'm really super old, I haven't decided yet. Anyway, it was a very special day and definitely lived up to my high expectations :).

1 comment:

The Boeckmann's said...

It is so special to be a mama!! And trust me it even gets better. When I went in to get Gracelyn this morning, she cuddled up to me, gave me a kiss, and said, "I love you". No prompting, just because! Yes...its the best!! We also love Irvine Park! Such a gem! We are lucky to have it so close!